Micro greens are tender shoots of vegetable or herbs whish are approx 13 inches (2.5-7.5 cm) tall. They are consumed / harvested just after the cotyledon leaves or first true set of leaves are developed. They have an aromatic flavor and highly concentrated nutrient content and come in a variety of colors and textures. Micro greens can add sweetness and spiciness to foods.
Microgreens are easy and convenient to grow, as they don’t require much equipment or time. They can be grown year-round, both indoor or outdoors.
- Common Names : Basil,Basil Opal, Basil Red, Basil Purple.
- DESCRIPTION : Basil Opal Micro green is very small in size, averaging 5-7 centimeters in length, and has fan-shaped leaves that grow in clusters of two to three on slender stems. The leaves are thin, smooth, and crisp with a variegated color of dark purple and green.
- FLAVOUR / TEXTURE : Basil Opal Microgreen is crunchy and mild with initial flavors of lemon-lime, transitioning to a subtle basil-clove, sweet-spicy flavor.
- CULINARY USAGE : They are most commonly used as a garnishing for green salads, fruit salads, pasta, pizza, and meat dishes. They can also be chopped into dips, layered in sandwiches, sprinkled on caprese, mixed into bruschetta, or blended into pesto. In addition to appetizers and main dishes, Micro Opal basil can be used as a garnish for cocktails or sprinkled over desserts for an added, sweet and spicy flavor. The leaves can also be used to make an aromatic infused vinegar and oil.
- Nutritional Value : Micro Opal basil contains iron, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, vitamin C, and anthocyanins, which are antioxidants that offer anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Can be grown in Indian climate/weather conditions
- IMPORTANT : Seeds are only for growing at Home Garden or in field , Should Not be consumed directly in any form
There are no reviews yet.