Micro greens are tender shoots of vegetable or herbs whish are approx 13 inches (2.5-7.5 cm) tall. They are consumed / harvested just after the cotyledon leaves or first true set of leaves are developed. They have an aromatic flavor and highly concentrated nutrient content and come in a variety of colors and textures. Micro greens can add sweetness and spiciness to foods.
Microgreens are easy and convenient to grow, as they don’t require much equipment or time. They can be grown year-round, both indoor or outdoors.
- Common Names : Basil, sweet basil, great basil, Saint-Joseph’s-wort
- DESCRIPTION : Basil microgreen has 2-4 bright green leaves that are connected to a pale green stem. The first set of leaves to open, or the cotyledons, have a smooth texture and a rounded spade-shape, while the second pair, or the true leaves, are more oval and resemble a tiny version of mature basil.
- FLAVOUR / TEXTURE : Basil Microgreen is crisp, tender, and aromatic with a green, subtle clove-like flavor that is followed by a sweet finish with notes of citrus, pepper, and mild anise.
- CULINARY USAGE : Ideal for incorporating into both savory and sweet applications. They can be used as a garnish on pasta, pizza, quiche, soups, green salads, and fruit salads. They can also add flavor to lemonade and fruity cocktails like mojitos, gimlets, or martinis or be combined into dips, dressing, and sauces.
- NUTRITION AND HEALTH BENEFITS : Basil microgreen is an excellent source of antioxidants and good source of magnesium, which is beneficial for your blood flow. Basil Has Anti-Inflammatory Effects. It also contains vitamins A, C, and K. It’s also a source of manganese, magnesium, calcium, iron, and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Can be grown in Indian climate/weather conditions
- IMPORTANT : Seeds are only for growing at Home Garden or in field , Should Not be consumed directly in any form