Micro greens are tender shoots of vegetable or herbs whish are approx 13 inches (2.5-7.5 cm) tall. They are consumed / harvested just after the cotyledon leaves or first true set of leaves are developed. They have an aromatic flavor and highly concentrated nutrient content and come in a variety of colors and textures. Micro greens can add sweetness and spiciness to foods.
Microgreens are easy and convenient to grow, as they don’t require much equipment or time. They can be grown year-round, both indoor or outdoors.
- Common Names : Beet, beetroot, red beet, table beet, garden beef, golden beet
- DESCRIPTION : Beetroot mircogreen comprised of 1 to 2 elongated, oval leaves, averaging 5 to 7 centimeters in length. The bright green leaves are smooth, flat, pliable, and uniform, attached to a narrow, crimson stem. Beet microgreens are a culinary and nutritional powerhouse. Their colorful stems and leaves brighten up your dishes.
- FLAVOUR / TEXTURE : It has a delicate texture with a mild, sweet, subtly nutty, and earthy, beet-like flavor. It has crisp, succulent, and tender consistency.
- CULINARY USAGE : It can be tossed into green salads, mixed into grain bowls, layered into sandwiches, used as a topping over pizza, or floated on soups, stews, and curries. Can also be used as a garnish for egg-based dishes, stirred into creamy pasta dishes, topped over avocado toast, sprinkled over tacos, or incorporated into stir-fries.
- NUTRITION AND HEALTH BENEFITS : They contain an abundance of antioxidants, and have anti-inflammatory and detox properties. Rich in betaines, beets reduce your chances of developing heart diseases and stroke. The lush greens are high in vitamin A and C, a great source of carotenoids, and flavonoid (which protects you from lung and oral cavity cancers)
- Can be grown in Indian climate/weather conditions
- IMPORTANT : Seeds are only for growing at Home Garden or in field , Should Not be consumed directly in any form
There are no reviews yet.