Micro greens are tender shoots of vegetable or herbs whish are approx 13 inches (2.5-7.5 cm) tall. They are consumed / harvested just after the cotyledon leaves or first true set of leaves are developed. They have an aromatic flavor and highly concentrated nutrient content and come in a variety of colors and textures. Micro greens can add sweetness and spiciness to foods.
Microgreens are easy and convenient to grow, as they don’t require much equipment or time. They can be grown year-round, both indoor or outdoors.
- Common Names : Broccoli, broccoli raab
- DESCRIPTION : Broccoli microgreens are types of microgreens that have gained popularity. Broccoli microgreen has small heart-shaped Bright green leaves attached to a narrow , slight pinkish stems
- FLAVOUR / TEXTURE : Broccoli microgreens add a fresh, crunchy flavor to your foods. They have a pleasant earthy flavor similar to mature broccoli, but not as bitter and strong.
- CULINARY USAGE : broccoli microgreens can be used in salads, on sandwiches, and in egg dishes. can be sprinkled over roasted meats and vegetables, floated on soups, stews, and curries, used as a topping on pizza, or stirred into pasta. It has has a nutty and peppery taste that complements acidic, sweet, fatty, and salty foods.
- NUTRITION AND HEALTH BENEFITS : The nutrition in broccoli microgreens is tremendous and includes vitamins A, B, C, E, and K, macro-elements calcium, magnesium, and phosphorous, and micro-elements iron, copper, and zinc. broccoli is high in sulforaphane, one of the critical micronutrients in fighting cancer. broccoli microgreens benefits include reversing chronic illnesses such as heart disease and type II diabetes.
- Can be grown in Indian climate/weather conditions
- IMPORTANT : Seeds are only for growing at Home Garden or in field , Should Not be consumed directly in any form