Micro greens are tender shoots of vegetable or herbs whish are approx 13 inches (2.5-7.5 cm) tall. They are consumed / harvested just after the cotyledon leaves or first true set of leaves are developed. They have an aromatic flavor and highly concentrated nutrient content and come in a variety of colors and textures. Micro greens can add sweetness and spiciness to foods.
Microgreens are easy and convenient to grow, as they don’t require much equipment or time. They can be grown year-round, both indoor or outdoors.
- Common Names : Lemon grass, Cymbopogon, oil grass, citronella grass, Lemongrass oil
- DESCRIPTION : LEMONGRASS MICROGREEN has Bright green on the upper leaves, red/purplish color on the lower stems. .It has a strong refreshing lemony fragrance.
- FLAVOUR / TEXTURE : It emits a pleasant floral and tropical aroma, and the leaves have a concentrated blend of vegetal, herbal, earthy, tart, and tangy flavors mixed with light and refreshing, subtle citrus and mint nuances
- CULINARY USAGE : It has been used in many traditional cooking recipes for years, including curry, steak, soup, and seafood. The milder and more tender stem of its microgreens makes it very suitable to contrast the sweetness of the dish
- NUTRITION AND HEALTH BENEFITS : Lemon Grass contains some vitamin A to maintain healthy organ functioning, vitamin C to strengthen the immune system, potassium to balance fluid levels within the body, and calcium and phosphorus to protect bones and teeth. The greens also provide low amounts of zinc, folate, copper, B vitamins, iron, and magnesium.
- Can be grown in Indian climate/weather conditions
- IMPORTANT : Seeds are only for growing at Home Garden or in field , Should Not be consumed directly in any form