Micro greens are tender shoots of vegetable or herbs whish are approx 13 inches (2.5-7.5 cm) tall. They are consumed / harvested just after the cotyledon leaves or first true set of leaves are developed. They have an aromatic flavor and highly concentrated nutrient content and come in a variety of colors and textures. Micro greens can add sweetness and spiciness to foods.
Microgreens are easy and convenient to grow, as they don’t require much equipment or time. They can be grown year-round, both indoor or outdoors.
- Common Names : Arugula, rocket, garden rocket, rocket salad, eruca, rucola, roquette, rugula, colewort
- DESCRIPTION : Rocket Micro green have a curved, heart-shape delicate green leaves which are attached to a narrow pale green or purple stem.
- FLAVOUR / TEXTURE : This microgreen has crisp, succulent, and tender consistency. It has a subtly sweet, tangy, peppery, and earthy flavor with grassy, vegetal, and nutty nuances
- CULINARY USAGE : It can be mixed with other lettuces to create a flavorful salad, or it can be floated on soups and stews, used as a garnish over quiche, sprinkled as a topping on pizza, or stirred into pasta.
- NUTRITION AND HEALTH BENEFITS : The Rocket microgreens contain a good amount of vitamins A, C and K. It’s high in several key nutrients for bone health, including calcium which is necessary for bone health, tooth health, muscle function, and nerve function. Other vital nutrients are potassium to balance fluid levels within the body, folate to develop genetic material, and lower amounts of magnesium, phosphorus, and iron.
- Can be grown in Indian climate/weather conditions
- IMPORTANT : Seeds are only for growing at Home Garden or in field , Should Not be consumed directly in any form