Micro greens are tender shoots of vegetable or herbs whish are approx 13 inches (2.5-7.5 cm) tall. They are consumed / harvested just after the cotyledon leaves or first true set of leaves are developed. They have an aromatic flavor and highly concentrated nutrient content and come in a variety of colors and textures. Micro greens can add sweetness and spiciness to foods.
Microgreens are easy and convenient to grow, as they don’t require much equipment or time. They can be grown year-round, both indoor or outdoors.
- Common Names : Cabbage, green cabbage, cabbage sprout, golden acre cabbage
- DESCRIPTION :A Cabbage microgreens are easy to grow, flavorful, and make a great base for any salad. The mild and tender leafy green vegetable comes from a family of Brassica oleracea that includes many other cultivars.
- FLAVOUR / TEXTURE : A biennial plant by nature, cabbage microgreens are even more flavorful and mild than a full-grown cabbage. In fact, cabbage microgreens have a much sweeter taste and are crunchy.
- CULINARY USAGE : With its versatile flavor, it adds pizzazz to any savory dish making them perfect for salads, sandwiches, or wraps. You can also add them to soups and smoothies or stir fry for an extra boost of flavor. Use them as a garnish for pizza, omlets, or frittatas.
- NUTRITION AND HEALTH BENEFITS : Cabbage microgreens are packed with vitamins A, C, and E, beta-carotenes, potassium and iron. Cabbage has especially high levels of vitamin K which helps to heal wounds (blood clotting), and supports bone health. Cabbage is also rich in vitamin C, which helps to fight against free radicals and cancer. It also contain powerful antioxidants that help reduce chronic inflammation such as arthritis, heart disease, and inflammatory bowel disease. It is found to decrease LDL cholesterol levels which is the bad type of cholesterol.
- Can be grown in Indian climate/weather conditions
- IMPORTANT : Seeds are only for growing at Home Garden or in field , Should Not be consumed directly in any form