Micro greens are tender shoots of vegetable or herbs whish are approx 13 inches (2.5-7.5 cm) tall. They are consumed / harvested just after the cotyledon leaves or first true set of leaves are developed. They have an aromatic flavor and highly concentrated nutrient content and come in a variety of colors and textures. Micro greens can add sweetness and spiciness to foods.
Microgreens are easy and convenient to grow, as they don’t require much equipment or time. They can be grown year-round, both indoor or outdoors.
- Common Names : Endive, chicory, frisee
- DESCRIPTION : Endive microgreen doesn’t produce a long stem like other seedlings but instead stays short and wide . It has pleasant light and Vibrant green leaves with pale green stems
- FLAVOUR / TEXTURE : it has a slight bitter taste that makes a nice contrast to strong flavors like sweet, salt and spice.
- CULINARY USAGE : It works well in place of lettuce on sandwiches and as a flavor contrast in microgreens salads. They are suitable for dips, pesto, salads, sandwiches, as topping etc.
- NUTRITION AND HEALTH BENEFITS : Endives are a very low-calorie vegetable. 100 grams of the endive microgreen contain just 17 calories, making them desirable for your weight control. They also provide 8% of the daily required intake of fiber. Endive microgreens are rich in vitamins A, C, and K, beta-carotene and folate (B9). They have a moderate content of dietary minerals, particularly manganese, iron, zinc, calcium, and phosphorus, and the electrolyte potassium. It also contains a flavonoid called kaempferol, which may help reduce the risk of cancer and other chronic diseases.
- Can be grown in Indian climate/weather conditions
- IMPORTANT : Seeds are only for growing at Home Garden or in field , Should Not be consumed directly in any form
There are no reviews yet.