Micro greens are tender shoots of vegetable or herbs whish are approx 13 inches (2.5-7.5 cm) tall. They are consumed / harvested just after the cotyledon leaves or first true set of leaves are developed. They have an aromatic flavor and highly concentrated nutrient content and come in a variety of colors and textures. Micro greens can add sweetness and spiciness to foods.
Microgreens are easy and convenient to grow, as they don’t require much equipment or time. They can be grown year-round, both indoor or outdoors.
- COMMON NAME : Cress, garden cress, rock cress
- DESCRIPTION : Garden cress micro green comprised of oval to heart-shaped leaves attached to a slender yellowish stem. The bright green leaves are smooth, broad, and flat with uniform, curved edges.
- FLAVOUR / TEXTURE : Garden Cress microgreen has crisp, succulent, and tender consistency. It has an immediate sharp, piquant, and peppery flavor, similar to the pungent notes found in horseradish, followed by a clean, vegetal aftertaste.
- CULINARY USAGE : It is best suited as an edible garnish for savory preparations and complement a wide variety of dishes in Asian cuisine. The leaves combine well with other greens such as mustard and mizuna.
- NUTRITION AND HEALTH BENEFITS : Garden cress micro green is an excellent source of vitamins A and C, antioxidants that reduce inflammation, protect the body against environmental aggressors, and boosts the immune system. The greens also contain calcium to strengthen bones and teeth and provide smaller amounts of vitamin K, potassium, folate, iron, and vitamin E.
- Can be grown in Indian climate/weather conditions
- IMPORTANT : Seeds are only for growing at Home Garden or in field , Should Not be consumed directly in any form
There are no reviews yet.