Micro greens are tender shoots of vegetable or herbs whish are approx 13 inches (2.5-7.5 cm) tall. They are consumed / harvested just after the cotyledon leaves or first true set of leaves are developed. They have an aromatic flavor and highly concentrated nutrient content and come in a variety of colors and textures. Micro greens can add sweetness and spiciness to foods.
Microgreens are easy and convenient to grow, as they don’t require much equipment or time. They can be grown year-round, both indoor or outdoors.
- Common Names : Kale, borecole, Tuscan cabbage/kale, Lacinato kale, curly kale
- DESCRIPTION : Kale Micro green leaf has a broad, flat, and heart-shaped appearance. The bright green leaves also bear a faint line down the leaf’s center, have smooth, curved edges. The stems are delicate, crunchy, and slim, ranging in color from purple, red, to red-pink.
- FLAVOUR / TEXTURE : Kale micro green contains a fresh, sweet, and nutty flavor with herbal, earthy, peppery, and vegetal nuances. Has a crisp, succulent, and tender consistency.
- CULINARY USAGE : It is eaten widely in Chinese cuisine for garnish stir-fries, roasted or grilled veggies or steak. Mix it with your salad together with vinegar, oil and add in some nuts. It makes a great combination! You can also cook Kale and add it to your soup.
- NUTRITION AND HEALTH BENEFITS : Kale is a source of vitamins A, C and K to strengthen the immune system, reduce inflammation, and boost collagen production within the skin. The microgreens also contain calcium to protect bones and teeth, potassium to balance fluid levels within the body, and other amounts of copper, zinc, iron, and manganese.
- Can be grown in Indian climate/weather conditions
- IMPORTANT : Seeds are only for growing at Home Garden or in field , Should Not be consumed directly in any form