Micro greens are tender shoots of vegetable or herbs whish are approx 13 inches (2.5-7.5 cm) tall. They are consumed / harvested just after the cotyledon leaves or first true set of leaves are developed. They have an aromatic flavor and highly concentrated nutrient content and come in a variety of colors and textures. Micro greens can add sweetness and spiciness to foods.
Microgreens are easy and convenient to grow, as they don’t require much equipment or time. They can be grown year-round, both indoor or outdoors.
- Common Names : Onion, bulb onion, red onion, common onion, scallion
- DESCRIPTION : Onion micro green has an elongated, needle-like shape resembling a blade of grass. Each onion green has a straight and slender appearance and is bright green with a rough, black seed husk attached to one end. The black husk is edible and can be consumed whole with the green.
- FLAVOUR / TEXTURE : Micro Onion is crisp, succulent, and tender, with a strong onion flavor and aroma with a warm garlic aftertaste.
- CULINARY USAGE : Onion microgreens are excellent to use in burgers, sandwiches, and even salads. Can also be sprinkled on soups, add as a side to a pasta dish, or on top of eggs. Chop them up or use them as a beautiful garnish!
- NUTRITION AND HEALTH BENEFITS : Contains Vitamin A, Vitamin B-complex, Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium and a surprising amount of Vitamin C. A fine source of fiber, Onions and Onion leaves help to lower blood sugar levels in addition to promoting good cardiovascular health. It has been proven that adding onions to your diet can reduce your risk of developing certain cancers and contribute to gastrointestinal health.
- Can be grown in Indian climate/weather conditions
- IMPORTANT : Seeds are only for growing at Home Garden or in field , Should Not be consumed directly in any form