Micro greens are tender shoots of vegetable or herbs whish are approx 13 inches (2.5-7.5 cm) tall. They are consumed / harvested just after the cotyledon leaves or first true set of leaves are developed. They have an aromatic flavor and highly concentrated nutrient content and come in a variety of colors and textures. Micro greens can add sweetness and spiciness to foods.
Microgreens are easy and convenient to grow, as they don’t require much equipment or time. They can be grown year-round, both indoor or outdoors.
- Common Names : Oregano, origanum, wild marjoram
- DESCRIPTION : Oregano microgreen leaves, dark green in colour are broad and flat, bearing smooth and even curved edges and faint dark green stems can be softly seen branching through the center.
- FLAVOUR / TEXTURE : It has crisp and tender with a succulent consistency. The leaves contribute a bold, earthy, and herbaceous flavor, with an initially sweet taste on the palate followed by a peppery bitterness.
- CULINARY USAGE : It can be combined with dry oregano in dishes to create a complex, enhanced flavor, and the leaves can be lightly torn and tossed into salads or infused into oils, dressings, vinaigrettes, and marinades
- NUTRITION AND HEALTH BENEFITS : Oregano is a source of vitamin K to assist with faster wound healing, fiber to regulate the digestive tract, calcium to protect bones and teeth, manganese, and iron. The leaves also contain antioxidants to guard the cells against free radical damage and essential oils with compounds known as thymol and carvacrol. These natural chemicals give the oregano its specific flavor profile. The compounds have anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties.
- Can be grown in Indian climate/weather conditions
- IMPORTANT : Seeds are only for growing at Home Garden or in field , Should Not be consumed directly in any form