Micro greens are tender shoots of vegetable or herbs whish are approx 13 inches (2.5-7.5 cm) tall. They are consumed / harvested just after the cotyledon leaves or first true set of leaves are developed. They have an aromatic flavor and highly concentrated nutrient content and come in a variety of colors and textures. Micro greens can add sweetness and spiciness to foods.
Microgreens are easy and convenient to grow, as they don’t require much equipment or time. They can be grown year-round, both indoor or outdoors.
- Common Names : Sage, common sage, garden sage, culinary sage
- DESCRIPTION : Sage Micro green has thin, pale green stem splits into two elongated, oval-shaped bold green leaves. Is is known for its culinary and medicinal purposes
- FLAVOUR / TEXTURE : The greens have a crisp, succulent, and tender texture. Micro Sage offers a pungent, musky aroma with undertones of pine and camphor and an intensely earthy, bold and piney flavor.
- CULINARY USAGE : It is ideal for savory poultry and seafood dishes. Can also be used in stuffing , fillings, sausages, chowders and sauces.
- NUTRITION AND HEALTH BENEFITS : It contains nutrients like Vitamins A, B complex, D & E, calcium, potassium magnesium, iron & phosphorus. It provides defence against toxins, helps prevent the various type of cancers and helps regulate many body functions Sage also improve brain function and memory, especially in people with Alzheimer’s disease. It has anti-hyperglycemic and lipid-profile-improving effects in hyperlipidemic type 2 diabetic.
- Can be grown in Indian climate/weather conditions
- IMPORTANT : Seeds are only for growing at Home Garden or in field , Should Not be consumed directly in any form