Microgreens are tender shoots of vegetables or herbs which are approx 13 inches (2.5-7.5 cm) tall. They are consumed/harvested just after the cotyledon leaves or first true set of leaves are developed. They have an aromatic flavor and highly concentrated nutrient content and come in a variety of colors and textures. Microgreens can add sweetness and spiciness to foods.
Microgreens are easy and convenient to grow, as they don’t require much equipment or time. They can be grown year-round, both indoors and outdoors.
- Common Names: Spinach
- DESCRIPTION: Spinach microgreen has vibrant green leaves, pale green/red stems. It is favored by chefs for its dramatic good looks and fresh flavor.
- FLAVOUR / TEXTURE: It has a Juicy and crunchy slightly sweet spinach taste.
- CULINARY USAGE: Add fresh flavor to salads; use as an edible bed for veggies or as a unique side dish for meat entrees. Can be Enjoyed as a salad drizzled with vinaigrette, balsamic vinegar or favorite dressing. Tasty addition to a variety of specialty sandwiches.
- NUTRITION AND HEALTH BENEFITS: One of the healthiest leafy greens, Spinach is very low in calories, and an excellent source of Vitamin C, and Vitamin A. Spinach is considered a rich source of Iron and Calcium. It is extremely rich in antioxidants, and a great source of Lutein, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Magnesium, Manganese, Folate, Vitamin B2, Potassium, Vitamin B6, Folic Acid, Copper, Protein, Phosphorus, Zinc, Niacin, Selenium, and omega-3 fatty acids. Spinach actually protects us from a number of illnesses like arthritis, heart disease, osteoporosis ovarian and prostate cancer
- Can be grown in Indian climate/weather conditions
- IMPORTANT: Seeds are only for growing at Home Garden or in field, Should Not be consumed directly in any form