Micro greens are tender shoots of vegetable or herbs whish are approx 13 inches (2.5-7.5 cm) tall. They are consumed / harvested just after the cotyledon leaves or first true set of leaves are developed. They have an aromatic flavor and highly concentrated nutrient content and come in a variety of colors and textures. Micro greens can add sweetness and spiciness to foods.
Microgreens are easy and convenient to grow, as they don’t require much equipment or time. They can be grown year-round, both indoor or outdoors.
- Common Names : RED CABBAGE
- DESCRIPTION : Red Cabbage Microgreen has a broad, flat, and heart-shaped green and purplish leaves attached to thin, pliable stems. There are also dark purple, central veins that connect to the royal purple stem.
- FLAVOUR / TEXTURE : Micro Red Cabbage is crisp and tender with a fresh, green, and earthy, peppery flavor.
- CULINARY USAGE : Micro Red Cabbage greens are best suited for raw applications as their delicate nature cannot withstand high heat preparations and heavy dressings. They should be added as a finishing element to dishes and can be sprinkled over soups, salads, stews, grilled vegetables, and meat dishes
- NUTRITION AND HEALTH BENEFITS : Highly concentrated Vitamin C in red cabbage microgreens helps to boost the immune system and protect you from common illnesses like cold and flu. the chemical compound known as Vitamin U is abundant in red cabbage microgreens and can help to protect your stomach and promote gastrointestinal health. Sulfur-based chemicals like Glucosinolates in red cabbage microgreens can prevent or even help to treat cancer. Could Prevent Neurodegenerative Diseases like Alzheimer’s .Anthocyanins in Red Cabbage Provide Several Key Health Benefits such as inhibit the formation and growth of cancer tumors, limit oxidative stress in the body, and fight carcinogens
- Can be grown in Indian climate/weather conditions
- IMPORTANT : Seeds are only for growing at Home Garden or in field , Should Not be consumed directly in any form